Summer Vermouth infused Baba
- 200g strong White flour
- 20g caster sugar
- 2g active dried yeast
- 2g salt
- 120g milk
- 50g soft butter plus a little extra for greasing.
- 2 large eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 400ml In the loop summer edition vermouth No6
- 1 zest of one lemon
- 1 zest of one orange
- 1 vanilla pod/tsp vanilla paste
- 200g double cream
- 15g icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla paste / ½ vanilla pod
- Fresh berries
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- To make the dough, start by adding the flour, sugar, dried yeast and salt into a large bowl.
- Then in a separate bowl add the warm milk and stir in the butter and eggs until the butter has melted.
- Mix the milk mix into the flour mix and use a wooden spoon or spatula to beat the mix. It will be very wet. Cover this tightly and leave to prove and double in size.
- Grease a mould or mini moulds using butter.
- Once the mix has doubled beat it once more to knock it back and place it in a piping bag. Pipe into your greased moulds half way up the edge, cover them and leave to prove again.
- When they have almost doubled in size, place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While they are baking make the syrup. Add the syrup ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat as soon as it’s boiled. Leave to cool slightly then strain through a sieve and set to one side.
- Next make the Chantilly by combining the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. You can taste the mix at this point and add more sugar/cream to adjust the sweetness. Whisk the mix to soft peaks, then set aside or in the fridge.
- Remove the babas from the oven and allow them to sit for 1 minute in the case, remove them and allow them to cool slightly.
- While both the dough and syrup are warm, dip the dough in the syrup and steep for 20-30 seconds.
- Allow them to drain and continue cooling before serving.
- Serve with the Chantilly and fresh berries